Friday, January 16, 2009

Rectilinear Research Mini IIIs



Beautiful compact bookshelf system from the hotbed of brilliant speaker design talents. They are 8 inch woofer 3 way acoustic suspension systems. The woofers have rubber surrounds in a deep indigo blue (like the IVs I used to have). The cloth surround mids are Phillips and the tweeters are from Peerless. They have mid and tweeter adjustments on the back. The cabinets are beautiful! They have been sanded to a glassy smoothness and oiled. The grain is very deep, especially in natural light. The grill frames, cloth and badges are in very good condition.
Did I say they sound really good? They do, with a very balanced tonality (with the tweeters up a bit to my taste), in some ways like some of my beloved JBLs (balance wise...they get it right!).
e-mail me.

No comments: