Tuesday, January 13, 2009

FREE studioLAB SPEAKERS!

StudioLabs vintage 1977. Walnut cabinets. I got these in trade for a refoam I did on a pair of Advents. I refoamed all four 12 inch woofers (well) and fired them up. They are not my cup of tea and are lacking in the midrange, which makes sense to me (I can't see an average 12 inch woofer doing mids with good transient response).
Then another guy came over with 2 other 12 inchers from his fathers old speakers (MDS, I think). I redid those for him, but on testing discovered that one had more serious problems than foam (voice coil). He needed 2 woofers and I had 4 in a speaker set that didn't work for me. So I sold two, which are making him happy in his speakers. Now I have 2 studioLAB woofer and one working MDS and one empty hole. Just about any working 12 incher will work fine...these aren't high fidelity speakers. If they are useful to you, come and get them!
e-mail me

No comments: