Saturday, January 3, 2009

The JBLs, studioLABS or Stacked Advents all work beautifully with Zeppelin. You do get what you pay for, especially in the mids.

If you are looking for maximum crunch for your dollar, the studioLABs (that's how it was on the logo) are unbeatable, and can be yours for less than the cost of refoaming the 4 12 inch woofers!

The use of 9 & 10 inch woofers in the Advent Stack (or in the Smaller Advents or Advent/1s by themselves) gives a more natural and coherent midrange, and the stack has amazing, effortless dynamics.

I love the JBLs more every time I listen to them. They are revealing yet amazingly musical. I'm now sure that the main reason for the differences in efficiency and dynamic range between L100s and my still beloved L36s is the 9 pound difference in woofer magnet weight (3 lbs for the L36, 12 for the L100/L88 plus 12!). They are the ultimate normal sized seventies speaker for getting the Led out.

e-mail me

No comments: