Thursday, June 11, 2009

Update

I apologize that this is my first post in six days. My day job has been really busy.

The Pioneer HPM-100s left last night, sold to the same people who bought the HPM-60s. I am sorry to see them gone. In my opinion they sound every bit as good as JBL L-100s (after upgrading the crossover capacitors), though are a little less aesthetically pleasing with their grills off.

With the HPMs gone, and last weekend the Coral CX-77s, I am living happily with the JBL L88s (and L16s). Having options like I do is cool, but I really do care about the music more than the equipment. I could be happy with the JBLs, the Mission 70s (see post below) or upgraded 710s, Advent/1s or Mirage 650s to name a few. They all get out of the way of the music.

But I don't have to! I am working on aquiring a few pairs of interesting speakers, big and small, and will tell you about some very soon.

No comments: