Tuesday, June 22, 2010

New Old Missions

This is going to be a great project. The 720 is unusual for vintage Mission in that it's a three way system with a ten inch woofer. Here is the owners manual. The tweeter is an all time favourite, the same Seas that's in the 770 and currently in my KEF 104s. The midrange drivers need refoaming. They are built into their own sealed back enclosures. One of the woofers has a voice coil connection problem that I hope Vladimirs delicate hands can fix (I'm not that good with a soldering iron yet). The cabinets are finished in a beautiful teak veneer. I was able to strip 2 sides of each cabinet before I lost light and ran out of stripper last night, and they are going to look fantastic. I hope to hear these tomorrow!

Email me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hate when you run out of stripper...