Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Midweek Update

I mentioned that the Pioneer SX-838 was back from service and sounds great. This 50 watt/channel beauty has real weight and authority, is very well built and weighs forty pounds. It is very full featured and highly recommended.

My latest pair of Advent Loudspeakers left the night before last. I have never not enjoyed the sound of these classic speakers. They do so much right and very little wrong and are a fantastic value. I expect to have another set to refoam and make available by the weekend.

It is a pleasure having the SONY TA-F5 back. It had a loose connector inside that for a long time only behaved for Vladimir. It finally misbehaved for him too, and he fixd the problem permanently! This is a gorgeous sounding amp, one of my favourites.

About six months ago I bought a JVC VT-700 tuner, and just got around to cleaning it, replacing all the bulbs and giving it a listen. I am impressed with the performance and build quality (and the funky graphic design!).

e-mail me

No comments: