Tuesday, November 4, 2008

MUST HEAR



Talking about great guitar players is highly subjective, and I listen to and love the music of many. Stevie Ray Vaughn, from the moment I heard his solo on Davis Bowie's China Girl, has been the one I always come back to. He is soulful, delicate, ferocious and beautiful, sometimes all in a few notes. His band Double Trouble are unflashy and right in the pocket, loose and tight. The best way, in my opinion to get a taste of SRV is the fantastic Slow Blues album (featuring a cheesy, cheap looking cover). My favourite entire album is Couldn't Stand The Weather, and it includes arguably Mr. Vaughn's finest recorded performance, Tin Pan Alley. If you like the blues at all, check him out!

1 comment:

6666kevin said...

couldn't agree more very hard to find any srv vinyl that hasn't been
played to death have one copy of Couldn't Stand The Weather that's
in mint condition and sounds outstanding enjoy the music