Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The L100s have found a good home.

Rewritten:
The L100s were here for only 18 hours. I enjoyed them a lot last night. As I said, they sounded identical to the L88 Plus 12s (which are still here). This morning I changed the connectors to proper binding posts, sanded and oiled them. A guy with very good ears came to hear them this afternoon and tooK them home. A gorgeous pair of L36s came nome with me. I'm thrilled to have two excellent pairs of JBLs in house. The L36s sound very much like L100s with a bit less bass extension. Lower efficiency too (the NAD 3020 drives the L88 Plus 12s with no problem, but has a harder time with the L36s). In smaller rooms, they may be a better choice (I'll yell you when I get the Marantz 1150 back tomorrow). I continue to love both.

No comments: