Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Spendor BC1 photos.

  First off, they sound fantastic, and did before I did anything to them, but they were a mess. One tweeter was missing substantial pieces of it's plastic casting, including around a captive screwhole, so the heavy magnet was pulling it into the cabinet, putting it at an odd angle, with lots of play. I would've liked to replace it, and it looks exactly like the tweeter in many Celestion models (Ditton 15, Ditton 25 etc.), but it's rated at 16 ohms. I wanted to save it, so I glued together what I could, and cast the missing pieces in epoxy. The cabinets were terribly scratched, and I got most out, without going through the veneer. I haven't touched the backs (yet).

No comments: