Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Just revived! Mission 780s circa 2001


  I described and raved about these speakers last year, when I installed new woofers in a friend's pair.
  There was one huge problem with this speaker line when released. According to Frank Fabian at The Speaker Shop, the Keraform woofers were assembled with a poorly chosen adhesive that actually corrodes copper (leads and voice coils). The woofers had failed before I bought them, and if yours haven't, rest assured, they will! After much searching (and some blind luck) I found the correct replacements, made in 2011 with silver wiring, and heavier magnets. They're brand new, and sound fantastic.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey there they are beautiful speakers. I have the same pair only in black and, of course, the woofers are shot. Where did you find your replacements? Much obliged!