Thursday, August 20, 2009

Late Night Update

I hope you are having a great evening. It's been a busy and productive day. The Sansui 8080 is back in it's TEAK VENEER case, and looks really good. i have a bit more detailing and sanding to do, but it looks waaaay better than the woodgrain vinyl did, and better (and much richer looking) than the perfect woodgrain on the 7070 I had a few months ago.

I have a pair of Celestion Ditton 25s, the steroid version of the Ditton 15s that I've enjoyed a lot. They sound great so far, driven by the 8080 as I write. They have great walnut cabinets, one I will get all the scratches out of tomorrow. The drivers are in pretty good, but not really good cosmetic shape (a bit of white paint on one woofer surround, a missing mesh cover on one tweeter), but sound perfect.

Tomorrow promises to be a very cool day. I am expecting to have a new (to me) pair of Pioneer HPM-100s, One of my favourite speakers (and one that gives many more coveted speaker only manufacturers a serious run for their money), a serious vintage Sony receiver, and a Marantz 2270, which I've not heard since 1976.

e-mail me

No comments: